Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, May 18, 2012

Nursery Time!

This post has been a long time coming.  When we bought our house I always dreamt of what this little nursery would become.  Once we found out we were welcoming a little boy I couldn't wait to get started.

It took me a solid three months to settle on bedding and colors but from day one I knew I wanted there to be a painted mural in the room.  I immediately enlisted the help of my amazingly talented best friend Kevin to create a mural on at least one of the walls.  After much deliberation and ideas ranging from trees to rocket ships I finally decided on a star wars themed mural. Once that was settled my handy husband got to work.  First he took down the creepy toy dogs handing from the ceiling fan and spray painted the hideous multi-colored fan blades. He then built three custom shelves that I had seen a tutorial for on younghouselove.com (awesome blog), along with a built in toy chest above the stairwell ledge.  My grandmother then helped me sew a custom brown and ivory chevron bench cushion and window valance. After putting all of the pieces together we were left with Aiden's nursery. I still have a few finishing touches to add as far as accessories go, but other then that the room is now complete. Below are the before and after pictures.

I hope you enjoy.


Before...



After...




























No comments:

Post a Comment